Sunday, January 29, 2023

Hatch This

Pattern: Mother of Dragons Dice Bag by Rachy Newin (no safe link; been in my library awhile)

Started: January 23, 2023

Finished: January 29, 2023

Made for: Quidditch 2023 Match #1/Síle aka Me

Yarn: Bernat Premium (97% acrylic, 3% metallic; 258yds/236m = 142g)
  • 65g of "60012 Ultra Violet Sparkle" (start wght: 149g; end wght: 84g) = 118.1yds
Hook size: 4.0mm

Notes & Photos:
January 16: Both Quidditch Match #1 and Global Wizardry run Jan 18-30th, but I did GW during Summer Camp so can only get Points toward Quidditch. No matter! I found a wonderful project full of angles in this dice bag 🎉 I think it'll be a fun challenge to myself. Now what yarn am I going to use...

January 23: I have bought the yarn! I found bright purple yarn with silver shot through it 😊 Perfect for a dragon's egg, I think. Time to start!

later (9:38pm NST): Look at the two adorable little scales I've made on the bag so far:

I sized my bag/egg up slightly by adding a third ring to the base to give me 36 dc instead of 24; that means an extra 3 scales per rnd. I like it. And I even remembered what a front post dc is... after watching a video and going 'Oh! I've done that!' lol

January 29 (10:24am NST): And done! 😊 It's so cute! The yarn was a bit of a pain; the hook kept splitting into it and the metallic strand kept wanting to catch on other things. But it looks awesome and I now have a sparkly dragon egg. Some other photos:




I had 9 scales per scale rnd, and 7 scales rnds for a total of 63 scales/angles 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment