Friday, January 6, 2023

"And skating down the right wing is number 9..."

Pattern: none; an idea from my head

Started: January 5, 2023

Finished: January 6, 2023

Made for: Lucky Numbers

Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver (100% acrylic; 364yds/333m = 198g)
  • 3g of "Blue" = 11.03 yds
  • 3g of "Charcoal" = 11.03 yds
Total yardage: 22.06 yds

Needle size: 4.0mm straights

Notes & Photos:
January 2: Talking about Lucky Numbers in this month's extracurricular. This runs Jan 1 through Jan 13th; yes, Friday the 13th. This isn't an accident.

Mine is 9. 9 is a triad of triads (very significant to druids). Cats have 9 lives. Maurice "Rocket" Richard, my Granddad's favorite hockey player, wore number 9. And gave me the title of this project.


I've designed a double-knit study of a 9 Patch quilt block, using both color and texture to emphasize the 9 smaller blocks within the larger one. This is a trial/swatch to see if my idea plays well with a larger design idea I have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment