Thursday, February 29, 2024

It's Time to Play the Music...


Pattern: The Muppet Shawl by Mary Annarella (Link to pattern page in the Lyrical Knits Payhip shop🔗)

Started:

Finished:

Made for: Síle aka Me

Yarn: Briggs & Little Sport (100% wool; 430yds = 113g)

  • xxg (start wght: ~226g (ball 1: 119g); final wght: xxg) of "16 Black" = ___ yds
  • xxg (start wght: 93g; final wght: xxg) of "73 Red" = ___ yds
  • xxg (start wght: 101g; final wght: xxg) of "32 Orange" = ___ yds
  • xxg (start wght: ~80g; final wght: xxg) of "37 Yellow" = ___ yds
  • xxg (start wght: 117g; final wght: xxg) of "65 Paddy green" = ___ yds
  • xxg (start wght: 102g; final wght: xxg) of "42 Blue Heather" = ___ yds
  • xxg (start wght: 82g; final wght: xxg) of "47 Light Blue" = ___ yds
  • xxg (start wght: ~75g; final wght: xxg) of "55 Violet" = ___ yds
Total yardage: ____ yds

Needle size: 4mm/US 6

Notes & Photos:
Jan 26: I love the Muppets. I've loved the Muppets since the original show; Mum loves to remind me of how I'd hear the theme song start, and I'd run to the tv from wherever I was in the apartment, and grab onto the table it sat on and "dance", and then sit there enthralled. (To clarify, I was just past 1.5 yrs old when it debuted in Canada)

I had the comic of Muppets Take Manhattan, and had it memorized before I saw the movie. My most played Yuletide song is "Twelve Days of Christmas" being sung by John Denver and the Muppets (Fiiiivvvvvve goooolllldd riiings ba-dum-dum-dum!) "Rainbow Connection" still works as a lullaby or pick-me-up when I need either

I love them all but have especial soft spots for Fozzie, Aminal (this is not a typo; I declared him Aminal at a very you g age and that's his name), Rowlf, and of course, Kermit

All of that being said, it just makes sense that I would participate in a Muppet themed mkal. Plus it's a Mary/Lyrical Knits mkal, and they're too much fun :)

Now onto the hard part: finding appropriate yarn! Kermit arm flail

Feb 23: I think I'm going with stash. I'm not 100% on the exact colors yet but I have enough B&L S around to definitely do this; yes, it's under sport weight but I find it works more as a heavy fingering than a sport. I have 2 hanks of black and partial balls of red, orange, yellow, green, 2 (or is it 3) blues, and purple. I'm also using some colors for my Colorica Cardigan (lavender, light green, 1 of the blues, &?) so I'll have to watch yardages

I've added in the colors not already earmarked for Colorica. I see keeping the colors in their Roy G Biv order for this

Feb 25: Got a good pic of the yarn today. 

With Jakey's help of course 😹 Whatever would I do without his furry guidance when it comes to "da wools"?

Also can we say yay! for sunshine? It's been so gloomy with all the snowstorms and the rain and wind last night!

Feb 27 (7:59pm NST): Sistwerp gifted me the pattern so I can start on Friday! 🥰 (I was gonna wait until payday on the 16th to get it) Yay!

Now I need to locate a 3.75mm needle (I own several), and wind one hank of black, the hank of green, and try to decide if I want to use light blue or blue heather in this, and which I want to use in my Colorica (which is in timeout while I get the amazing cloak of moss stitch done lol) Balance between personal and work wips? Never heard of her 😉😹

Feb 29 (1:26am NST): Clue 1 is out tomorrow!!
Ok, I need to set my colors:
MC = black
C1 = red
C2 = orange
C3 = yellow
C4 = paddy green
C5 = light blue or blue heather
C6 = violet

I'm leaning ever so slightly to the light blue. But I also like the light blue for my Colorica. Decisions decisions decisions... unless I can order another hank of light blue soon. Hmmm... I like that solution best honestly

No comments:

Post a Comment