Monday, January 1, 2024

Taylor's Version



Pattern: from my head

Started: November 17, 2023

Finished: January 1, 2024

Made for: K aka Sistwerp

Yarn: Red Heart With Love (100% acrylic; 370yds/338m = 198g)
  • 598g (start wght: 633g; end wght: 35) of "1909 Holly Berry" = 1147.47yds
Needle size: 4.5mm/US 7

Hook size (cast-on): 4.5mm/US 7

Hook size (beading and fringe): 3.5mm

Notes & Photos:
November 14: The Twerp has requested a red scarf a la Taylor Swift’s from her Red album. I know it needs to be long and fringed. I’m hoping she’s ok with there being some kind of patterning that won’t make me want to poke out my eyes 1/4 the way through it

That said, I’m thinking of adding textured lettering to a plain knit background with wide garter st borders (13 sts at the sides, 13 ridges at each end) which would be fairly subtle but give me enough difference to not be just knitting the same row over and over again.

later: After asking if she minded some patterning, and showing her the partial chart I created with my idea, she said she just cares that it’s fairly long, red and fringed, and then squealed at the chart and nodded. No one squeals like a Swiftie lol Guess I’m looking for red yarn!

November 15 (4:16am NST): Charts are done. Hopefully I can get to the library and copy off the written instructions I've created. Then I can work on it sans phone and give my eyes a rest! Maybe tomorrow; we have to go up to the mall anyway

November 16: I couldn't leave well enough alone lol

I have added a "little something" to the previously plain center of the scarf. Anyone familiar with the particular song the red scarf is in will have no trouble understanding what I did

November 17: Got the yarn yesterday :)

I'm ready to get underway! The beads should be here before I get to chart 2 lol Yes, I said beads! Sis has no idea what I've got going on this round!  First skein weighs 215g so a bit extra yardage to start things off

Bottom border done:

This is the last photo I can safely post at this time without revealing Sistwerp's present; gotta maintain some surprise when she's already aware of so much about it

December 4 (4:23am NT): Knit up to row 240 and yarn is very short so I've weighed ball 2, and it's 207g. So again a bit extra. Ball 1 worked out to 401.77 yds. For how many rows there are total, I'm going to need another ball; 876 rows total (including borders), I think. Have I overdone it? Yes, Yes, I have 😂




No comments:

Post a Comment