Saturday, November 6, 2021

Jinx

A toy cat crocheted from black with gold metallic accent yarn wearing a witch's hat over its left ear and a collar. The hat and collar are crocheted from a long color-change yarn in magenta to pink-orange. The hat's "band" and the embroidered J on the collar are in blue shiny yarn.


Pattern: Amigurumi Halloween Black Cat by The Enchanted Ladybug (link to pattern page on Enchanted Ladybug.com🔗)

Started: October 10, 2021

Finished: November 6, 2021

Made for: Síle aka Me/Ilvermorny's Black Cat Make-along

Yarns: Bernat Premium Sparkle (97% acrylic, 3% metallic; 258yds/236m = 141g)
  • 69g of "60001 Black Sparkle" (started with 141g; ended with 72g) = 126.3 yds (cat)
Red Heart Super Saver Stripes (100% acrylic; 236yds/215m = 141g)
  • 12g of "4962 Fruity Stripes" (started with 32g; ended with 20g) = 20.1 yds (hat & collar)
Unknown (97% acrylic, 3% metallic; no clue: used doubled)
  • black with blue metallic = 5 yds
total yardage: 151.4 yds

Hook size: 4.0mm/US 6-G

also 2 large blue buttons and 3 smaller black shank buttons (for eyes and nose)

Notes & photos:
Sept 26: Getting this set up! I'm so excited to be in charge of my very first major extracurricular at Ilvermorny!! This is the first of my extracurricular series on Superstitions which will run sort of alternating with C's Mythology series. I hope this goes over well! It's difficult to keep this under wraps until roughly the 1st; all kinds of activities are back to back to back right now! As I write, Tbird Challenge has under 4 hours left, and as soon as that's over Quidditch begins! And my make-along starts as soon as Quidditch ends! Busy busy times!! :D

Oct 4: Ok, I can post this now. I released the details on Saturday (2nd) and so far it's been positive feedback. Whew! I think Jinx seems like a good name for a witchy black cat.

Oct 10: It's start day! I'm excited to get this underway. Here's my yarn:
A skein of black yarn with a gold metallic strand wrapped around it. The visible label reads: "Yarnspirations Bernat Premium".

Nov 3: I've had some difficulties with seeing where the stitches are with this yarn, but I have Jinx's head (minus ears) finished :) I think he's looking pretty good so far: 
What appears to be a crocheted ball with buttons sewn into positions resembling two eyes and a nose. The black yarn has a gold metallic strand through it

Nov 4: Jinx has his body! This pattern is really excellent. My difficulties are all completely because of the black yarn and bad lighting in the living room. Sistwerp has requested a fraternal twin of Jinx, maybe in gray yarn. Here's how Mr. Jinx is looking:
Photo is a bit washed out from the flash. The crocheted cat is now the head and body with its button face

later (3:28am): And now he's got ears :) It's becoming easier to see where my sts need to go. Only the tail left for the black/gold yarn. The hat and collar I haven't quite decided on.
As described in last photo caption but with ears added.

Nov 6: And this little cutie is done :) I used the long color-change yarn that I used for my pumpkin bowl for his hat and collar. So here's Jinx!
Completed cat with its tail in place. It wears a pink-orange collar with a letter J embroidered in blue shiny yarn. In front of it sits a witch's hat crocheted in pink & pink-orange yarn with a "band" of the blue shiny yarn used as the embroidery on the collar.

And Jinx is already making friends! I captured a photo of  him and Jakey on the couch, watching a hockey game:
Viewed from behind and slightly above, Jinx is seated next to a much larger fluffy black and white cat. We see predominantly black in this photo. Both cats are facing the same direction; we don't see what they're looking at.



No comments:

Post a Comment