Monday, September 4, 2023

Tipsy Malachite and Cobalt Diamonds

Pattern: Quadrilinear by Romi Hill (no safe link yet; this pattern can be found in the ebook Year 5 Small Shawls: Asymmetry)

Start: September 1, 2023

Finish:

Made for: Síle aka Me; Special Skein KAL 2023

Yarn: Schoppel-Wolle Zauberball Crazy (75% wool, 25% nylon/polymide; 459yds/420m = 100g)
  • ___g of "11532133 Holly blue" (start wght: 103g; end wght:  ) = ___yds
Gauge: 

Needle size: 3.25mm/US 3

Notes & photos:
August 31: This ball of yarn has been in my stash awhile. I moved cross country early in 2012. This was bought at Golden Willow (formerly in Regina; I believe they closed in 2015?) in at least 2011, if not 2009 or 10. I’ve been waiting to pair it with “the right” pattern.

Quadrilinear has been a favorite pattern since Romi released it. It’s simple but not dull. It can handle a yarn with personality, which the Zauberball Crazy definitely is!

This is my project for Romi’s Special Skein KAL for 2023. I’m looking forward to knitting this yarn and knitting this pattern :)

Where I’m using a fingering weight, I want to make it a bit wider than the scarf (as written for a sport weight) so I saved this from the Quadrilinear thread in Romi’s group; bless the Romiphyles for being supportive and full of excellent advice. I digress; here’s the quote:

Repeat Rows 13-18 of Chart B for each motif you want to add. For example, to go from 3 diamonds/squares to 5, repeat Rows 13-18 two additional times. Easy Peasy! From Teresa’s teresat2t notes.

I’m thinking 6 or 9. My mind functions best in trebles/triples lol

September 1: Weighed the yarn, and started on a 3.5mm; didn't like how loose the fabric was. So I've frogged the dozen or so rows I had done, and gotten out a 3.25mm. Have you really started if you don't have to frog at least once? lol

September 2 (2:14am NDT): Finished chart A! 🎉

September 4 (4:13am NDT): Got a wee bit off (missed 3 yos in a row; how? No clue, but I did facepalm), and had to tink but everything is right again blush I have 72 sts on the needle after finishing a row 18. I need to add 3 more reps of rows 13-18 to get the 9 squares I want:


No comments:

Post a Comment